Strengthening Connections Across BC’s Rural Islands:
Exploring ways to overcome challenges, share opportunities, and
celebrate the creative fabric of rural island businesses and communities.
Join us for valuable networking, inspiring presentations, and lively discussions.
Online hosts will also create a warm, fun, and inviting atmosphere to enhance the virtual experience.
SAVE THE DATE - RIEP Post-Forum Networking Event
November 30, 2021
More info to come!
Can’t make the Forum? Registration includes access to webinar recordings and resources, made available to all registered participants, whether they attend or not! Watch your email and these should be in your inbox within 1 week after the Forum. You will also receive a contact list of all the participants.
Connecting to the Forum -- How it Works
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with a link for direct access to the Forum for Oct 21 and 22. Save this email, but don’t worry, you will get a reminder email, including the link, the day before the event.
Rest assured - from the time you register, your place is secure and no further action is required until the day of the event.
The “door” to the Zoom Room opens at 8:45am each day. You are welcome to join and leave as you will.
- Please rename yourself after you join, to reflect which island you are from, eg. “Henry Wai, Pender”.
- If you have a Zoom background that represents your business/organization, please feel free to use it.
- You will be muted upon entering. And, during some presentations, all participants will be muted, but don’t worry, there will be plenty of opportunities for live discussion!
- Please feel free to use the chat to ask questions, engage with the hosts and facilitators, or to send a private message.
- There will also be some opportunities to “raise your hand” and ask your question in real time.
- The Forum will be highly interactive, but all small group portions are entirely optional.
- All large group sessions will be recorded.
Here are suggestions to resolve possible issues to help you enjoy a seamless experience...
- Please make sure you have the latest updates for Zoom.
- Please allow cookies and access to mic and camera.
- For best experience, close any other programs that use your camera (Skype, Microsoft Teams etc).
- Keep an eye on your email for possible missed updates throughout the morning.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or text 250-713-0556 with any technical questions not covered here.