- This event has passed.
Connection Café – 22 Feb 2022
February 22 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
February’s CONNECTION CAFÉ features a facilitated roundtable dialogue + Q & A with rural island farmers, food producers and food resilience champions from:
Cortes, Gabriola, Galiano, Malcolm, Salt Spring and more!
- This event is now over. Registration is closed. Recording below. -
Learn perspectives about the ways the pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities as well as opportunities related to:
- Building a robust local and islands wide food economy
- Biodiversity in the face of global warming and environmental conditions; fires, drought, floods, freezing, heat dome
- Addressing the supply gap and strengthening the value chain
- Best practices for distributing local produced-processed food
- Connecting local buyers to local producers
- Garden to Table trends and strategies
- Fundraising and marketing successes
- Connect with rural island neighbours in topical break-out sessions
- Preview and Q&A with 'Lovin Off The Land' upcoming feature documentary