- This event has passed.
RIEP May 2020 COVID Response Roundtable – Food Security
May 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
During this virtual program, we heard from community economic advocates from Denman Island, Saturna Island, and Thetis Island addressing the following topics:
- Specific challenges each Island is facing during the pandemic
- Recent actions/initiatives taken to support local economic response and recovery
- The most effective communication tools being utilized
- Advocacy and/or coordination with local governments
- Personal reflections and good news stories
After the presentations, we participated in a Roundtable Dialogue: Impact of the Pandemic On Island Food Security.
We also received updates from RIEP’s Board and partners regarding the Island COMEBACK Gift Certificates campaign and Directory and findings from the Island Response & Recovery Surveys.