From April 25-27, 2023, over 100 of BC's rural island stakeholders gathered on Gabriola Island to Connect + Reflect + ACT!
The 2023 RIEP Forum focused on the social, environmental and economic health of our communities, with a program consisting of:
Keynote & Plenary Panels on Indigenous Business & Reconciliation, Economics of Climate Change, Housing Lessons Learned, BC Ferries Accountability
Interactive Panels, Sector Showcases & Action Labs — on topics from Food Resilience to the Circular Economy, Regenerative Tourism, Social Enterprise and Rural Arts Vitality
Live music, social events, and other 'unconference' activities
2023 Forum Highlights
We'll be sharing copies of 2023 Forum presentations and video summaries throughout the summer and fall. Stay tuned!
- WRAP-UP POST: Read an article looking back on highlights from the 2023 RIEP Forum on our blog.
- THE PROGRAM: See the full 2023 RIEP Forum program, including speaker bios!
- THE RESOLUTIONS: Read about the 2023 RIEP Forum Resolutions—the process and our outcomes from the "unconference conference"
- PHOTOS: Visit the RIEP Facebook Page and browse the photo galleries.
Learn about our main event outcomes—the 2023 Forum Resolutions—in a special Connection Cafe on June 8th!
Who attended the 2023 RIEP Forum?
- Freelancers, work-from-home consultants, start-up founders & solopreneurs
- Small business & tourism owner-operators
- Artists and cultural creators
- Food, beverage, and other artisan producers
Community Stakeholders & Island Allies:
- From island ecdev orgs, chambers of commerce, non-profits & other NGOs
- Indigenous Community leaders
- Island government representatives
- Provincial and federal government staff