Staying at The Haven
The Haven is located on the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territory of the Snuneymuxw First Nation, to whom we are grateful for their ongoing stewardship of these lands and waters for thousands of years.
Established in 1983, Haven is a not-for-profit Centre for Transformational Learning located on 7 acres of oceanfront and forested land on beautiful Gabriola Island.
Due to the nature of The Haven facilities, on-site accommodations include many rooms with sleeping arrangement oriented to couples, families, and small groups—there is a limited supply of private single and double occupancy rooms.
In order to maximize The Haven's capacity, and in keeping with Forum themes of neighbourliness and connection, please consider the following options:
- Make arrangements with other known Forum participants to share accommodations on-site at The Haven—options include rooms with two or three beds.
- If you don't know other Forum participants, indicate on The Haven booking site that you're open to being matched with other participants seeking shared accommodations.
Visit The Haven Booking Site
Other Local Accommodations
If you'd prefer to find other accommodations off-site, choose from one of the following options, and get to and from The Haven each day courtesy of the Forum shuttle service:
- Cottages at Page's Resort & Marina | Oceanfront Accommodation on Gabriola Island
- Suites at Page's Inn on Silva Bay | Oceanfront Accommodation on Gabriola Island
- Rooms and Cabins at Surf Lodge
- Licensed Short Term Vacation Rentals:
- Camping on Gabriola Island
All participants are welcome to secure other accommodations, but must provide their own transportation between their lodging and The Haven.
- Coast Bastion Hotel has an 'Islands Residents Rate' of $147/night for residents of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Photo ID confirming residency required at check in.
- Marriott Courtyard has a $175 single/$210 Double government rate.
Have Questions? Need Assistance?
Contact the RIEP Forum Info Hub and we can help!